Friday, September 6, 2013

Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st Birthday Party

WP turned 1 last month and we hosted some friends and family for a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party. I'm not very creative but I was pretty proud of my party setup.


I tied green balloons to a long piece of yarn an topped it of with a red balloon for the caterpillar's head to drape over the mirror. I also made the happy birthday bunting with green and yellow construction paper and threaded yarn through holes I made with a hole puncher. My best advice for the bunting is to use a pattern to cut out the flags - do not try to free-hand it. Cut equal rectangles for the letters so they're all the same size.
My snack table got a lot of complements.


My rainbow fruit salad was my favorite.

Pretzels, pita chips & hummus, spinach dip, lemonade and fruit skewers (green grapes with a strawberry tip to mimic the balloon caterpillar) were also on the table.

I just did green and red frosted cupcakes arranged like the caterpillar to avoid a cake disaster. 

I'm very proud of this, it's a list of what he ate during his first year. Collin and I came up with the list from memory so I'm sure we forgot a lot. WP is a great eater so this was a cute project. You can see that I put WP's face on the caterpillar's body.

My only regret is that I didn't buy enough beer. I had plenty of hard liquor left but ran out of beer early. Other than that, the party was a huge hit!

No comments: